I've determined a solution for this error and is applicable to Windows 10. It will require a reinstall of Kutools for Excel. Prior to installing, you need to change a few properties on the install EXE file. Also, you want to make sure there are no Excel activities in Task manager.
- Right click on the installer EXE file and go to properties
- On the general tab, check the "unblock" box and then click on apply.
- On the Compatibility tab, check the two items shown in image 2 and click apply.
- Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8
- Run this program as an administrator
- Click OK to close out the properties box
- Run the install EXE program
It should work as expected now when Excel starts up.