Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Sunday, 17 September 2017
  33 Replies
  9.6K Visits
Votes
Undo
I have not found another place to write ideas for improvement. I suggest writing ideas in this thread.

My suggestions for Superfilter:
Warning: Spoiler Alert! [Toggle message]
1) The ability to copy the current filter settings from the Excel table (in one group with the AND condition).
2) Selection options from the data available after filtering in the selected column (as implemented in Excel).
Those, I need the ability to see the data that I can filter, and not search for them in the data table separately, and then configure the Superfilter.
3) Ability to pass as a filter criterion a named range or list of values ​​from the selected area in the table with:
a) the setting of relations between them before import (as in the advanced Excel filter)
b) condition like "in range/list", "not in range/list".
4) Possibilities to drag a group or a separate line into another group (drag'n'drop).
5) Ability to filter by the color of the text (including such conditions as "contains text with color", "does not contain text with color") or background. Suggest a choice from the list of colors in the selected column.
6) The ability to filter text with the terms "does not end with", "does not start with".
7) Additional conditions for the relations of the elements in the group: XOR, NOT.
8) Ability to filter by type of error in the cell, like # N / A, #REF !, #NULL !, # DIV / 0 !, #VALUE !, #NAME ?, ##### ERROR (cell formating).
9) Add Regular expressions to search by.
10) Add absent selection options from the list http://macabacus.com/docs/excel/super-find

My suggestions for Navigation Pane:

1. in the list of sheets the possibility of filtering by the color of the tab (choose from the available ones);
2. In the column list in a separate column, indicate whether the filter is installed on it (yes, no), and at the bottom of the list, display the form window as in the list of names. In it, display the installed filter on the selected column. Something similar is implemented in the FilterMate add-in (https://www.excelcampus.com/filter-mate/). It is also very convenient to jump to the next filtered column by one button. I'll be glad to see you have such features, so as not to keep many add-ins in the Excel interface.
3. In the list of columns, add a search by name option.
This tool is especially relevant when using wide tables. The search will help to speed up the work.
4. In the auto-text with formulas, please make it possible to display the text of the formulas title of the auto-text when the preview is turned off. Give the opportunity to make a really convenient library of formulas. Pictures now take up a lot of space on the screen and flipping a long list of formulas is not very convenient. The instrument has great potential in this part, but you miss its possibilities.
5. In AutoText, make it possible to change the formulas of the previously saved AutoText.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Yes, you can write / post feature request / improvement here.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
In AutoText:

1) In the top menu above the groups, make the Add group button. The existing way to add groups through the AutoText window is not obvious.
2) Add the ability to create a group hierarchy. To maximize the benefit of the tool, it is necessary to conveniently group the elements.
3) Add the ability to drag items between groups (Drag'n'Drop).
4) Allow the user to adjust the size of the AutoText popup image. The current size takes up too much work space.
5) Make it customizable to display AutoText for Drawings and Clip Art:
a. the ability to arrange images in several columns, removing the frames - display as icons of the same size with a variable scale.
b. The ability to hide the name to save space.
6) Make it customizable to display AutoText for Formulas:
a. Ability to transfer the text of the formula to the rows for placement in the Preview in the list of AutoText.
b. The ability to change the font size in the Preview text of the formula.
7) When creating an AutoText entry of a formula type, we need to edit the formula before saving it in a part:
a. replacing of references to relative (from the cell where the autotext is inserted),
b. Replace references to text with a description. When inserting a formula with such a block, the user must selecting the cells (ranges) in place of such а text. An example of a such functional with the interface for creating custom formulas and their insertion you can see in the Plex add-in (http://www.planetaexcel.ru/upload/PLEX.zip) - Library of formulas.
8) Add a search for items in AutoText - for all elements, or for selected groups. When I begin to actively use the tool, AutoText elements become a lot. At first, the grouping helps, but the amount is still growing and you have to waste time searching.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for the suggestions. We will consider enhancing the software in the Upcoming versions. :)
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
My additional suggestion for Navigation Pane- Merged cell manager:
It would be convenient to have at hand a list of all the merged cells on the active sheet. When selected in the list, navigate to such cells. From the same list have access to the tools for working with merged cells - unmerge, unmerge and fill (down, right, left (probably the options depend on the user's language)).
The currently available function of selecting merged cells is convenient only if all such cells need to be processed equally. If you need a different approach, it is more convenient to process each group separately.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks for your suggestion.
Hi Jay, Im reposting this here as it did not seem to get any attention in the original post:

Are you able to update the "Error condition Wizard" to use Excel's IfError() Formula?

It is much neater, as you do not need to repeat the formula twice, only once:

Syntax
=IFERROR (Formula, value_if_error)
ExcelJet Link: https://exceljet.net/excel-functions/excel-iferror-function

This is only for when trying to capture all error values but makes for far neater and faster processing of complex formulas.

Thank you!
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thanks, we will consider to enhance it.
Enterprise Tab > Combine Worksheets
When using this feature (which works fantastic) It would be nice if it would remember the folder that you last selected. I recently had to combine hundreds of workbooks and each group that I had to combine had to be saved into a single folder, but during each combine, I had to navigate to the folder. It would have been nice to have to navigate to the save folder once and then each time after, it was saved.

Thanks for all your hard work
Scott
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
thanks for your suggestion. :)
Hi everyone,

Thank you for a great set of tools. I have a suggestion for improvement which I need in my workflow.

When using the split data function the new workbook (and worksheets) that is generated does not seem to keep page headers and footers and information about row height and column width. It also changes the font to Arial 10 thus not preserving the font from the original worksheet.

Having this option would save me a lot of time in which I have to customize all of the above settings for each new worksheet that is generated with this function and I would like to be able to set it up in my original master sheet and have all of those settings copied down to every data split that I perform.

Let me know if this function is already available. I am using Kutools 16.0

Sincerely,
Boris
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Thanks for your suggestion. :)
If you have one, please post here. :):)
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I'd love to see the Win + A feature brought back, or an equivalent thereof. I know this was discontinued in Windows 8+, but that was a HUGE efficiency boost. I know you can click to do it, but having the keyboard shortcut was a lifesaver!

BP
Default selected cell on save. Would be nice to have each spreadsheet saved at a cell of my choice so I don't have to go into each sheet and select, for example, A2 before saving so it opens to that spot next time I open the workbook/sheets
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
This topic has been more than 9 months. Three months ago you released a new 17 version of the add-in, which did not take into account any user offer received before the release date. Which of the proposed improvements will you implement and in what time frame? If you do not plan to implement anything, then tell us about it, so that people like me do not waste their time.
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
We are working on the latest version.
We will consider to enhance the software, but we need to consider the possibility of the new features. :)
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
There are some feature enhancements in this beta version: https://www.cdn.extendoffice.com/downloads/Kutools-for-Excel/beta/KutoolsforExcelSetup.exe

Please have a trial and give us feedback. :)
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
You can use this feature https://www.extendoffice.com/product/kutools-for-excel/excel-synchronize-worksheets.html.
Please save the worksheet, and then apply this feature. :)
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
We will consider this enhancements in the upcoming versions soon. :)
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Dear developers.
There is already 18 version of your add-on, but unfortunately the proposed improvements did not appear. The new functionality is undoubtedly important, but there are already a lot of cool unique tools in your add-in. Please take time to improve them. This is important, as it will increase the satisfaction of current customers (who use the current functionality) and promotes product distribution via word of mouth. I'm collect all + add new for you in one post.

Superfind Improvements:
1) Text color in the cell - an error in several colors
If the text in the cell selected by the eyedropper is formatted with several colors, an error now appears. It is necessary to create a list of available text colors from a cell containing several colors.
2) The color picker is an error.
The color search mode selected by the eyedropper finds nothing in the selected range, although the color was selected from a cell in that range. The message "You must enter a target value" appears. It is necessary to create a list of available fill colors from the selected cells. The current list of colors is difficult to match even with the palette embedded in the file.
3) In a formatted table, the dropper does not see the fill color in the table header.
4) The ability to search not only cells that are completely formatted as strikethrough, with boldface, italic, text color, but also containing or not containing such fragments. In my work, I often have to deal with tables where not all of the cell is highlighted with strikethrough and color, but only the changed text. For example, in blue italic, new text is highlighted, and crossed out red is deleted. Looking for his eyes in a large table is a laborious task.

Superfilter Improvements:
I really like your new SuperSearch tool. It has an excellent set of search options. I ask you to transfer the same search capabilities into the SuperFilter functionality.
In particular:
1) The value between, the value is not between
2) the format of the text contains / does not contain / is completely
italics, bold italics, strikethrough text, underlined text, superscript text, subscript
3) the text contains / completely is the color selected from the palette, either from the colors in the selected range, or selected using the pipette.
Other Improvements:
1) The ability to copy the current filter settings from the Excel table (in one group with the AND condition).
2) Selection options from the data available after filtering in the selected column (as implemented in Excel).
Those, I need the ability to see the data that I can filter, and not search for them in the data table separately, and then configure the Superfilter.
• For example, if the Text is equal mode is selected, then it is necessary to select from the already selected elements of the selected column. If you need to select several elements, then quickly select the ticking next to the necessary elements. Include please the option "multiple choice" in the selection mode, in which I can select several items, and after clicking the OK button, add all the elements to the superfilter in the OR mode.
• If the Background color / Text color is equal / is not equal mode is selected, you will be able to select the colors available in the column. Also the option of multiple choice is actual.
• If Value Between is selected, then it is necessary to select from the values ​​in the column.
• If Dates between is selected, then it is necessary to select each of the threshold values in calendar mode or from the values ​​in the column (In group view = year-quarter-month-day).
3) Ability to pass as a filter criterion a named range or list of values ​​from the selected area in the table with:
a) the setting of relations between them before import (as in the advanced Excel filter)
b) condition like "in range/list", "not in range/list".
4) Possibilities to drag a group or a separate line into another group (drag'n'drop).
5) Ability to filter by the color of the text (including such conditions as "contains text with color", "does not contain text with color") or background. Suggest a choice from the list of colors in the selected column.
6) The ability to filter text with the terms "does not end with", "does not start with".
7) Additional conditions for the relations of the elements in the group: XOR, NOT.
8) Ability to filter by type of error in the cell, like # N / A, #REF !, #NULL !, # DIV / 0 !, #VALUE !, #NAME ?, ##### ERROR (cell formating).
9) Add Regular expressions to search by.
10) Add absent selection options from the list http://macabacus.com/docs/excel/super-find 

Navigation Pane Improvements:
1. in the list of sheets the possibility of filtering by the color of the tab (choose from the available ones);
2. In the column list in a separate column, indicate whether the filter is installed on it (yes, no), and at the bottom of the list, display the form window as in the list of names. In it, display the installed filter on the selected column. Something similar is implemented in the FilterMate add-in (http://www.excelcampus.com/filter-mate/ ). It is also very convenient to jump to the next filtered column by one button. I'll be glad to see you have such features, so as not to keep many add-ins in the Excel interface.
3. In the list of columns, add a search by name option.
This tool is especially relevant when using wide tables. The search will help to speed up the work.
4. In the auto-text with formulas, please make it possible to display the text of the formulas title of the auto-text when the preview is turned off. Give the opportunity to make a really convenient library of formulas. Pictures now take up a lot of space on the screen and flipping a long list of formulas is not very convenient. The instrument has great potential in this part, but you miss its possibilities.
5. In AutoText, make it possible to change the formulas of the previously saved AutoText.

New Functionality for Navigation PaneMerged cell manager:
It would be convenient to have at hand a list of all the merged cells on the active sheet. When selected in the list, navigate to such cells. From the same list have access to the tools for working with merged cells - unmerge, unmerge and fill (down, right, left (probably the options depend on the user's language)).
The currently available function of selecting merged cells is convenient only if all such cells need to be processed equally. If you need a different approach, it is more convenient to process each group separately.

AutoText Improvements:
1) In the top menu above the groups, make the Add group button. The existing way to add groups through the AutoText window is not obvious.
2) Add the ability to create a group hierarchy. To maximize the benefit of the tool, it is necessary to conveniently group the elements.
3) Add the ability to drag items between groups (Drag'n'Drop).
4) Allow the user to adjust the size of the AutoText popup image. The current size takes up too much work space.
5) Make it customizable to display AutoText for Drawings and Clip Art:
a. the ability to arrange images in several columns, removing the frames - display as icons of the same size with a variable scale.
b. The ability to hide the name to save space.
6) Make it customizable to display AutoText for Formulas:
a. Ability to transfer the text of the formula to the rows for placement in the Preview in the list of AutoText.
b. The ability to change the font size in the Preview text of the formula.
7) When creating an AutoText entry of a formula type, we need to edit the formula before saving it in a part:
a. replacing of references to relative (from the cell where the AutoText is inserted),
b. Replace references to text with a description. When inserting a formula with such a block, the user must selecting the cells (ranges) in place of such а text. An example of a such functional with the interface for creating custom formulas and their insertion you can see in the Plex add-in (http://www.planetaexcel.ru/upload/PLEX.zip ) - Library of formulas.
8) Add a search for items in AutoText - for all elements, or for selected groups. When I begin to actively use the tool, AutoText elements become a lot. At first, the grouping helps, but the amount is still growing and you have to waste time searching.

Error condition Wizard Improvements
Use Excel's IfError() Formula when trying to capture all error values but makes for far neater and faster processing of complex formulas.
It is much neater, as you do not need to repeat the formula twice, only once:

Syntax
=IFERROR (Formula, value_if_error)
ExcelJet Link: exceljet.net/excel-functions/excel-iferror-function 

Combine Worksheets Improvements
When using this feature (which works fantastic) It would be nice if it would remember the folder that you last selected. I recently had to combine hundreds of workbooks and each group that I had to combine had to be saved into a single folder, but during each combine, I had to navigate to the folder. It would have been nice to have to navigate to the save folder once and then each time after, it was saved.

Split Data Improvements
When using the split data function the new workbook (and worksheets) that is generated does not seem to keep page headers and footers and information about row height and column width. It also changes the font to Arial 10 thus not preserving the font from the original worksheet.
Having this option would save me a lot of time in which I have to customize all of the above settings for each new worksheet that is generated with this function and I would like to be able to set it up in my original master sheet and have all of those settings copied down to every data split that I perform.
is there still any hope for kutools on Mac?
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.